Spring Check-Out 2013
Bin Rental Locations and Times
- Service Entry Schedule
Give + Go Green
- Important Information - Commencement Week 2013
Non-seniors must be completely out of their rooms by noon on Saturday, May 18 or within 24 hours of their last exam, whichever comes first.
Seniors must be completely out of their rooms by noon on Thursday, May 23.
There wil be NO personal extensions, so please plan accordingly.
- Download the Check-Out Checklist (PDF)
Please take note of these Check-Out reminders below:
- Complete online maintenance requests to have problems in your room fixed.
- Inform your Resident Adviser of your confirmed departure date/time.
- Pack and remove all personal belongings from your room: double-check drawers, closets, and corners carefully. (Items left behind in the room will be discarded.) Do not leave personal belongings in the hallway unattended.
- Remove all trash to the assigned location. Dumpsters will be available along 115th Street and Amsterdam and on 114th Street and Broadway. Trash bags are available.
- Clean and sweep/vacuum your room.
- Clean and sweep/vacuum suites and common areas where applicable.
- Remove all personal kitchen items/appliances.
- Clean kitchens and common areas where applicable.
- Remove the message board, door tags, posters and tape from your door(s) and walls.
- Close and lock your window.
- Close and lock your door.
- Post the Check-list handout that you received from your RA onto your room door.
- Bring your signed Check-Out envelope, with any rooms keys inside of the envelope, to the nearest Express Check-Out Box located at the security guard desks of each building or at the Hartley Hospitality Desk. If you use your Columbia University ID Card as your key, you will deposit a signed Check-Out card into the Express Check-Out Box or with the Hartley Hospitality Desk.
- Take all food, laundry detergent, dish soap, clothes, books, TV and computers* to the Give and Go Green Stations.
*Please protect your privacy – before recycling or donating computers, permanently wipe your old hard drives using DBAN, a free file deletion program offered by CUIT.
Please be aware of this year’s Commencement Week schedule when planning your Check-Out. There are ceremonies taking place Sunday through Thursday. Check out during these times will be possible, but may be much more difficult due to restricted bin use and traffic in some areas. Bins will NOT be allowed on south campus during cermonies.Throughout the Check-Out process, please be considerate of others and mindful of any events and ceremonies that may be taking place on campus.
For additional information regarding Commencement Week 2013, please visit the Commencement 2013 website.