Tips for Completing your Housing Application
Please read these tips carefully before proceeding to the First-Year Housing Application.
1. Access the application from the Admissions website.
2. Log into the application using your PID (your personal identification number beginning with C00...) and Date of Birth, and click on the "Application" tab in the upper left-hand corner. Begin filling out the application, following the instructions on each page carefully.
3. On Step 1, "Personal & Contact Details," all students must create a Screen Name. This will be used during the Roommate Request step of the Registration process.
4. Please review the building options and select your hall preferences carefully. You will not be able to return to this step or make changes to your preferences once you click the "Continue" button. If you are not sure about your selection, please log out before clicking the "Continue" button. You will be returned to this step when you log back in to the application. Please note that a preference for single sex accommodations will take precedence over building preference.
5. To request a specific roommate, please click on the "Roommate Search" step on the left-hand side of that application page, enter the individual's Screen Name and Date of Birth in the indicated fields, and click the "Search" button. When your requested roommate's information appears, press the "Request" button to submit your roommate request. If you do not have your desired roommate's Screen Name and Date of Birth, do not continue to the next step. You should log out now. After you obtain this information from your desired roommate, log back into this application, and you will be returned to this step.
You may request one roommate at a time. If that individual does not accept your request, you may return to the "Roommate Search" step to request a different roommate. If you request more than one roommate, you will not be permitted to proceed with your application.
You must finalize any outstanding roommate requests before continuing to the next step. To finalize this step, please "Accept" or "Delete" any roommate requests you receive and/or wait for the response from any sent roommate requests. Roommates must be confirmed in order to be accepted by the system.
- Roommates must be the same gender and class year.
- Roommate matching will take priority over residence hall preference requests.
- Roommate requests are not guaranteed.
6. The application "Status" will read "Not Complete" until the Occupancy Agreement is signed, which will occur after you have received your room assignment in late June/early July. You will receive an email when your room reservation has been made, requesting you to login and sign your Occupancy Agreement online, thus completing this registration process. At this point, your login will be your Columbia University Network ID (UNI) and password.
7. All of the steps, up through at least the Statement of Intent, must be completed by May 1.
Please proceed to the Admissions website to access the application.