Have Room Selection down to a science or learning all about it this year? Feeling creative? Columbia Housing is accepting submissions from our undergraduate residential community of entertaining and informative videos explaining the room selection process. One winning submission by an individual or group of up to five Columbia Housing residents will be rewarded with $500 Flex and featured in official 2014 Room Selection communications. Read on for submission guidelines and instructions!
- Video must be no longer than 3:15
- Submission deadline: 4/1/13 at 4PM
- Your video must explain the following questions and processes:
o What is Room Selection?
o Room Selection Registration Process
o Lottery and Selection Priority
o In-Person Group Selection (formerly known as Suite Selection): What is it? Who participates?
o Online Selection (formerly known as General Selection): What is it? Who participates?
o At some point in the course of the video, please textually feature the Columbia Housing URL, housing.columbia.edu and the Housing Portal URL, housingportal.columbia.edu
o Some Key Tips:
§ What is Rising Junior/Senior Regroup?
§ Sophomore Pair-Up recommendation
§ Where do I go if I have a question?
o Please do not make reference to any 2013 dates in your video.
- For content and production ideas, feel free to reference the Room Selection video produced a couple of years ago, but don’t feel constrained by its narrative or production style; creativity is welcome.
- Any music used in your video must not violate any music or lyric copyrights.
- We will not accept submissions that include profanity or in any way violate the University’s essential policies.
- The video must not contain material that is unlawful or in violation of the laws or regulations of New York State.
- Entrants and those featured in the video must be 18 years old or older or have written parental consent to participate in the video and/or contest.
- By submitting video content, you grant Columbia Housing royalty-free license to use your video for official communications, including the right to publicly display and play the video. You also grant us the right to use the names of all video authors in promotions and other publications.
- To submit a video, email email@example.com with the subject “Room Selection Video Submission” and enclose the names of up to five video authors. We will reply with a link to a Google Drive folder to which you can post your video file. Please note Google Drive’s acceptable file formats.
- A winning submission will be selected based on the following criteria:
o Accuracy of information
o Effectiveness in explaining Room Selection
- Winner(s) may be asked to further edit their video in order to comply with the above criteria and/or integrate Columbia Housing branding.
- Columbia Housing reserves the right not to select a winner if no submissions received meet the above criteria and/or quality standards.
- Winner(s) will be notified by 4/12/13
For any questions regarding these guidelines or prospective video contents, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-854-2946. We’re happy to meet with you to discuss your ideas.